Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC News partnership with Microsoft

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC News partnership with Microsoft
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:39:35 +0100

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 13:30 +0100, Jon Grant wrote:
> Re-Dirac, they only had reference implementations last time I looked,
> and we need more than 2fps for it to be usable.

The gstreamer people (I think?) are writing a performant dirac decoder.
I can't remember the name of the project, but it looked like it was
getting somewhere when I last saw it.

Actually, I was also extremely impressed with the Ogg Theora streams
from the recent OOoCon or whatever it was, as an aside.

Cheers,

Alex.