[Fsfe-uk] 'creative industries' launch

From: Graham Seaman
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] 'creative industries' launch
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:28:34 +0100

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this; if it isn't can someone point me to a more appropriate list?

Anyway, have people seen the *'Creative Industries' forum the government launched today?
*
http://www.culture.gov.uk/global/press_notices/archive_2004/dcms089_04.htm?month=July&properties=archive_2004%2C%2Fglobal%2Fpress_notices%2Farchive_2004%2F%2C

It seems to be made up of MPs and employer's organizations, with no-one apart from the Consumer's Association to represent the public, and no-one to represent individual 'content' creators at all. But that may be just because I'm not familiar with all the associations listed. Am I right? Who would you apply
pressure to to widen the membership, or is it all too late?

On a related note, what about the idea of proposing a 'Free Software Creation Capital' entry for the 'sector initiatives' of Creative London? (http://www.creativelondon.org.uk/programme.php?id=3)

Cheers
Graham
**