Re: [Fsfe-uk] Open Forum Europe at Linux Expo today ?

From: martyn
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Open Forum Europe at Linux Expo today ?
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:44:47 +0100

Quoting James Heald <address@hidden>:
> I shouldn't worry; I don't think you're repeating anything
> that wasn't already said in the piece at ZDnet,
>      http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2136651,00.html

That makes me feel a little less guilty! :-)

> The important point is that the article now makes a lot more
> sense to me, because the ZDnet reporter misinterpreted what
> Banahan was saying.

Deliberately, I fear.  Mike did specifically ask for it to be off-record as
well, I presume that the question, seemingly innocent, was actually primed
before he got there too.

> There is no done deal, and OpenForum got stitched up.

Seems like.

> Thank you very much for clarifying this!

That's what I wanted to do. :-)

> All best,
>
>     James.
>
> PS  What time was the session ?  I was actually there at the
> expo, but not till later in the afternoon...

His part was about 10-10:30 as I recall.