Re: [Fsfe-uk] Arlene McCarty on software patents

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Arlene McCarty on software patents
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:08:13 +0100

[...]

a member of the Cooperative party !

Don't be too surprised: the cooperative movement
As the free software movement is all about cooperative thinking and action the following is 'on topic' , I hope.

Is the 'co-op' brand and the '.coop' TLD and any such related movement specific to the UK associated with the Cooperative party?

I feel we should lay claim to the notion of 'cooperativeness' in software terms as that is what we are. I am not aware of any other movement addressing this most important issue of cooperation in software development and distribution.

generally still haven't
"got it" yet
Maybe we must tell them (?) about it over their sysadmins and the usual lot..

either and they're meant to be based on ideals of fairness...
We cannot let the meaning of cooperation to go down the drain.

Best wishes,

Ramanan