Re: [Fsfe-uk] Arlene McCarty on software patents

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Arlene McCarty on software patents
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:58:41 -0000

Ramanan Selvaratnam <address@hidden> wrote:
>>Indeed. I found it particularly galling that she appears to be playing the
>>man rather than the ball
> ..and her website leads one to believe that she is a member of the
> Cooperative party !

Don't be too surprised: the cooperative movement generally still haven't
"got it" yet either and they're meant to be based on ideals of fairness...

[...]
> Are these 'small fry' SME's hoping to 'licence out  inventiveness' and
> create jobs in the far-east and not address the 'job losses' locally?

Are you thinking of a certain well-known home cleaning device patent?
That's probably not a bad example to use.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."