FSFE-UK (Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?)

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: FSFE-UK (Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:05:36 +0100

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 09:38:39AM +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> BTW, can someone remind me, and others probably, what the intended
> content for this list is.  There's no harm in wandering OT occasionally
> but I for one have lost track of what falls within its area.

:)

FSFE-UK is for discussion of matters pertaining to Free Software in the UK,
and although we tend to discuss a lot of AFFS matters on it, it's not 'an'
or 'the' AFFS list.

The name isn't very good, because there isn't an FSFE-UK (although hopefully
that will change), but it's certainly a lot broader than just discussing
AFFS. We didn't set up an AFFS list deliberately to keep people in a common
place though - although, the list is a lot more active recently than it has
been in the past (some months you would get <10 messages..)

And, although it's called FSFE-UK, it's run on the FSF mailing list server
rather than the FSFE one. Just to confuse :o)

Cheers,

Alex.