RE: [Fsfe-uk] Explaining GPL to a Windows user

From: Andrew Atkinson
Subject: RE: [Fsfe-uk] Explaining GPL to a Windows user
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:47:32 +0100

Ian wrote

> We could build a decent quality basic GNU Linux PC which would be fine
> for Office, web browsing and similar apps for about £300 ex VAT. The big
> question is whether or not we could sell a few hundred in order to
> justify the advertising costs.

Problem is that the above does not really compete. We are just about to buy
AMD 2.4G with 512 Mb and card readers instead of the CD for £325 ex VAT from
a trusted company, should be able to run most things on that. Granted we
only buy win95 but with the MS schools agreement that's all we need. (which
I suppose is why the OFT are investigating)

Andrew