[Fsfe-uk] Free internet (technologically)

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Free internet (technologically)
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:00:40 +0100

Hello all,

Once again the online facility for ARGOS lets me down when using Mozilla 1.4b.
<http://www.argos.co.uk/static/gecko.html>

A special page for Gecko!.

The same error for gecko! is spewed out for Konqueror.

If I remember right I have browsed through their website in the past and got stuck with the ecommerce bit.
But I might have used Opera

Ignoring ARGOS, is this menace to free software on the decline or resurgent?
(Did I hear somewhere about a campaign to educate/pressure for the use of standard web applications?)

Is this not something to follow up after all the recent publicity on 'out of courts settlements' over browser wars?

Regards,

Ramanan