Re: [ft] sub-glyph graphics-state question

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] sub-glyph graphics-state question
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:37:04 +0200 (CEST)

> The flip switch, I am auto_flip in the graphics state, which is not
> reset before each rendering of sub-glyphs.  Actually I have copied
> and inserted a code snippet from ver 2.4.6:
>
>   /* Reset graphics state */
>   loader->exec->GS = ((TT_SIZE)loader->size)->GS;
>
> into function: TT_Process_Simple_Glyph() just before the if
> statement: if (n_ins > 0) ... , which I think is to execute the
> sub-glyphs' byte code.
>
> This seems do the trick, and only affects Simbraille and some middle
> european fonts.  What do you think of the hack?

If it works for you, fine!  My analysis gives me a completely
different result, which is completely unhelpful: FreeType 2.3.2 still
shows the problem, 2.3.4 doesn't.  However, I can't find any code
related to subglyphs between these two versions in the git, and I
don't have enough time to dig deeper.