[ft] (no subject)

From: Dakai Liu
Subject: [ft] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:59:02 +1100

Hi FreeType team,

I have a newbie question regarding TT bytecode in general. currently I am using
freetype 2.1.4 and monochrome output setting and auto hinting on.
I encountered a bug rendering a font called SimBraille. This font contains
sub-glyphs, and the true glyph is assembled by selecting those sub glyphs.
The problem is in each and every of the sub-glyph, the flip switch is turned
off at some point, and the flip flag stayed in graphics state for all the
subsequent
sub-glyph rendering, which results in incorrect hinting. the flip switch is
turned on in the beginning of "prep" code. So my question is, should I restore
this flag before each of the sub-glyph being interpreted?

I think this bug is fixed by later versions of freetype library, however,
unfortunately I am allowed to port the later version into our product due to
management
decision.

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely yours,

Dakai LiuThis message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by  any mis-transmission. If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it  and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.   You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part  of
this message if you are not the intended recipient. Toshiba Australia reserves
the  right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Thank
You."