Re: [ft] sub-glyph graphics-state question

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] sub-glyph graphics-state question
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:52:05 +0200 (CEST)

> I encountered a bug rendering a font called SimBraille.

I don't know this font!

> This font contains sub-glyphs, and the true glyph is assembled by
> selecting those sub glyphs.
>
> The problem is in each and every of the sub-glyph, the flip switch
> is turned off at some point, and the flip flag stayed in graphics
> state for all the subsequent sub-glyph rendering, which results in
> incorrect hinting.

What do you mean with `flip' switch?

> the flip switch is turned on in the beginning of "prep" code.  So my
> question is, should I restore this flag before each of the sub-glyph
> being interpreted?

Data of the `prep' table gets executed only if the font size (or the
rendering mode) changes.

> I think this bug is fixed by later versions of freetype library,
> however, unfortunately I am [not] allowed to port the later version
> into our product due to management decision.

I suggest to access the git repository of FreeType, using `git bisect'
to find out which commit fixes your problem so that you can manually
apply it.