Re: [ft] Suggestion to improve auto hinter

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Suggestion to improve auto hinter
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 06:55:55 +0100 (CET)

> In case anyone is interested, I've been getting some good results
> with the following simple/brute-force algorithm.  [...]

Thanks!  BTW, have you test aflatin2.c (by adding
`-DFT_OPTION_AUTOFIT2' to the compilation flags, then setting bit 20
in the `load_flags' field of FT_Load_Glyph)?  Right now I'm walking
over all stuff in the autofit module (and I haven't reached aflatin2.c
yet), but I think it would be a good idea if the alternative latin
autohinter gets some testing too.  Maybe it automagically fixes your
problem...