Re: [ft] System freeze when antialiasing is turned on

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [ft] System freeze when antialiasing is turned on
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:07:23 +0200

> Debugging X is something I've never done, so I can't give any advice.

You can get a backtrace by setting DontTrapSignals in your config file
and running the X server under a debugger.  You'll need two displays,
of course.

> You might try the current CVS of FreeType which soon will be 2.1.10 --
> note, however, that X comes with a FreeType version of its own, and I
> don't know how that can be replaced easily.

It's not difficult, but does involve a certain amount of work whenever
the set of symbols exported by FreeType changes.  You might want to
try to simply replace the FreeType files included with XFree86 with
the ones from the snapshot, and see whether it compiles.

                                        Juliusz