Re: [Freetype] Problem with Freetype on mac Os X

From: Mac Wang
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Problem with Freetype on mac Os X
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:43:19 +0800

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 07:48:29AM +0100, SOULLARD Clement wrote:
> That is true... reading me is a bit short to understand the issue. Sorry
> for that !  And thanks for your answer...
>
> To summarize the rendering is performed successfully on Linux and  fails
> on Mac Os-X though I'am using exactly the same font file. The font
> After using FT_Load_Glyph (face, nglyph, FT_LOAD_RENDER) I get
> face->glyph->bitmap.width=0 and face->glyph->bitmap.height=0  those
> value are !=0  on the linux platform.
>
> Because I use directly a glyph number I don't thing it is linked to the
> different encoding that we could have on a Macintosh. To be complete I
> must say that the font used is a musical font and that it is quite old.

  I have exact the same problem as you have. I am trying to use freetype2
under
  a MIPS platform, and I made freetype library (2.1.5) by myself.

  Then I try to run the example in the freetype tutorial 1.
  (http://freetype.sourceforge.net/freetype2/docs/tutorial/example1.c)
  It runs fine under my x86 box, but fails on my MIPS board.

  The symptom is exact the same, the library is correctly initialized, the
face is correctly loaded,
  the font size can be problemless set. But when I use FT_Load_Glyph or
FT_Load_Char, the every fields
  in the returned face->glyph is always 0.

  I have tried to use many TTF files, the results are the same...

Mac Wang

 PChome交友~~幸福天天有 \*^o^*//
 http://love.pchome.com.tw/