Re: [Freetype] FT and Apple patent

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FT and Apple patent
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 23:22:21 +0200

Nir Rostoker wrote:
Hi !
In Free Type explanation of the issue of Apple's patent or Anti-aliasing
byte codes, there is an example of the influence of configure Free type to work with their patent. I have noticed that the affects are quite sever, for instance W become there
actually Bold when its not supposed to, however on several test I have done
with Free Type with anti-aliasing, I haven't noticed such affects. How crucial, as far as you know, for LCD with resolution of 72 X 72 Dpi ?

For the example with the "W" which become bold:
http://www.freetype.org/patents.html

Thanks,
Nir