[Freetype] More Info On Direct Rendering?

From: Chris_Hodgkins
Subject: [Freetype] More Info On Direct Rendering?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 21:48:59 +0100

Hello Gents,

I've been working on a project using your superb FreeType 2 engine to
create an Application Anti Alias Text Toolkit for OS/2. The idea was to
mimic the existing default API's OS/2 uses for text / fonts but preceed
them with aa, I.E. GpiCharString becomes aaGpiCharString etc. Hopefully the
toolkit when complete will ease the recompile of existing OS/2 apps where
we have the source to make use of FreeType 2 and give us some sorely needed
decent quality AA text display.

So far things have gone well using the demo applications code you provide
to guide us, specifically ftview and ftstring, but I now need to
investigate producing coloured AA text. The FreeType 2 FAQ talks of Direct
Rendereing as a possible solution for this, and refers to
<freetype/ftimage.h> and <freetype/ftoutln.h>. I wondered if there were any
sources of further information / documentation for Direct Rendering
anywhere that I hadn't been able to find as yet, or if there were any code
examples that make use of Direct Rendering?

thanks for all the hard work.

cheers
--
Chris