[Freetype] FT and Apple patent

From: Nir Rostoker
Subject: [Freetype] FT and Apple patent
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 12:36:37 +0300

Hi !
In Free Type explanation of the issue of Apple's patent or Anti-aliasing
byte codes, there is an example of the influence
of configure Free type to work with their patent.
I have noticed that the affects are quite sever, for instance W become there
actually Bold when its not supposed to, however on several test I have done
with Free Type with anti-aliasing, I haven't noticed such affects.

How crucial, as far as you know, for LCD with resolution of 72 X 72 Dpi ?

For the example with the "W" which become bold:
http://www.freetype.org/patents.html

Thanks,
Nir