[Freetype] Re: Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps? (Laurent

From: Laurent Lepinay
Subject: [Freetype] Re: Best approach to get anti-aliased font bitmaps? (Laurent Lepinay)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:57:26 +0200

Hi,

for antialiasing i do this:
I ask freetype to render the glyph into a grey scale bitmap ( the glyph
bitmap is antiliased on a black background )
Then i use the grayscale color of this buffer as an alpha channel do to
transparency ( thus i dont use this as a color buffer but as an alpha
components buffer )
Thus i can use colored fonts with antialiasing on my destination
surface.
transparency formula is:
final = src*srcalpha + dest*(1-srcalpha)
If you're interested in i can explain it a better more in details.

If ive misunderstood your problem, please forget qbout my answer :P( as
i said before my english is quite bad )