Re: [Freetype] Standard Type Services Framework (STSF) 0.2 Released

From: Alexander Gelfenbain
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Standard Type Services Framework (STSF) 0.2 Released
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 14:48:18 -0700

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 05:02:20PM +0400, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 May 2002 06:27, Alexander Gelfenbain wrote:
> |  The STSF team announces the 0.2 release of the Standard Type Services
> | Framework.
> |

> Congratulations!
Thank you!

> |  ST currently requires GNU make and FreeType
> |  (See the docs/INSTALL file in the ST distribution for full instructions.)
> |
> |  XST requires ST, Motif or OpenMotif, and GNU libiconv if your system libc
> | does not provide iconv.  (A link to the ST source tree must exist as "ST"
> | in the parent directory of the XST tree.)
>
> well, does it require ST *and* (Motif or OpenMotif), or ST *or* Motif *or*
> OpenMotif?
> Motif (OpenMotif) is treated as some kind of *legacy* by most Open-Source
> developers, so adding it as requirement doesn't sound like a good idea.

XST requires ST and [Open]Motif...

Actually all *XST* requires is ST. There is a demo program xstfontsel
(soon to be renamed to xstfontview) that requires Motif.

We would definitely welcome anybody to port it to GTK or Qt, but unfortunatly
at this time we don't have any resources to do it ourselves.
It sounds as a fun project for a couple of days for somebody who wants to get
familiar with XST.

> |  Neither ST nor XST are completely implemented at this time, but you can
> | see what is available by running our xclock -digital or xstfontsel demos in
> | X or the ST web demo cgi using the GD graphics library.
>
> Any screenshot demonstrating capabilities?

Certainly!

stsf.sourceforge.net

> |  Mailing lists for comments, questions, or further discussion are available
> | at: http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=46276
> |
> |  The STSF team.
>

> --
>
> Vadim Plessky
> http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)
> 33 Window Decorations and 6 Widget Styles for KDE
> http://kde2.newmail.ru/kde_themes.html
> KDE mini-Themes
> http://kde2.newmail.ru/themes/

Thanks!
AG

--
Alexander Gelfenbain, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
+1 (408) 635-0612