[Freetype] freetype layout when ???

From: Aditya Gilra
Subject: [Freetype] freetype layout when ???
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:09:55 -0700 (PDT)

||Shriharih||

God-Remembrance to all.

I work for a non-profit religious book publishing
organisation Gita Press in India.

We are anxiously waiting for Linux to support Unicode
Hindi. I have in hand two UNicode Hindi ttf fonts with
conjunct ligatures which work on Windows but not on
Linux.

I have been regularly visiting the freetype.org pages
for over 3 months hoping to see the freetype Layout
project complete. This will allow us to use our Hindi
Unicode fonts on Linux.

But it doesn't even start.

CAN someone on the development team please tell me
when I can expect freetype layout to complete
6 months, 1year, 2 years?????

I am a Linux fan but I get frustrated when I can't
type my language when I can easily do so in Windows.

I know there's pango in the latest gtk (which I
downloaded) but it only uses a buggy bitmap for Hindi
which has many ligatures wrong.

I want to use my true types which have most ligatures
correct.

I hope someone will oblige me with an interim if not
final date.

Best Regards and God-Remembrance,
Aditya.