Re: [Freetype] using true type font

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] using true type font
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:32:56 +0200 (CEST)

> We want to provide the application part a function like:
>
> void FFT_Display_Text(char * ttf_font_file,
>                       char * string_to_be_displayed,
>                       short point_size,
>                       short x_position,
>                       short y_position,
>                       short font_color,
>                       short background_color);
>
> any existing solutions?

Have a look at the test programs coming in the `ft2demos' demos bundle
which provide b/w rendering.  Some higher-level graphics libraries
which use FreeType internally provide color rendering.  Since I don't
use them, I can't give a recommendation, but I'm sure that others on
this list can help you more.