[Freetype] Faster method for getting glyph advance?

From: Boris Letocha
Subject: [Freetype] Faster method for getting glyph advance?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:40:03 +0200

Hi!

I searched through the code of FreeType and I cannot find faster method
of getting glyph advance then loading whole glyph. For formatting I
don't need glyph contours only unscaled and unhinted glyph advance. So I
hope for posibility to convince developers of FreeType to split
loadglyph in all drivers to 2 functions "loadadvance" and "loadglyph"
... (I do device independent layout so I don't need hinted advances)
Function can be very similiar to FT_Get_Kerning IMHO.

Boris Letocha