Re: Face header

From: Angus Duggan
Subject: Re: Face header
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:59:22 -0700 (PDT)

Bertrand Petit writes:
>On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 02:28:58PM -0700, Ingar Shu wrote:
>> Since a point is 1/72 of an inch.  Then call
>
>       A point is 1/72.72 of an inch. What you describe is Adobe's
>view of the point.

Historically, the point has taken different values in different times and
places. What you are describing is Don Knuth's view of the point.

a.
--
Harlequin Inc., Seattle, WA 98109, U.S.A.
http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/ajcd/      | http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~ajcd/

If e-mail to me bounces, your mail system is probably mis-configured. Add the
string "af8Gg01zXrl3k6yy32OtE9Q11v" to the message subject to get through my
spam-blocks. This string will change periodically.

http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp