RE: Face header

From: Ingar Shu
Subject: RE: Face header
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 14:28:58 -0700

Tomas-

If you are trying to get a certain "pixel" size, try this:  Once you've
opened and instantiated your font file, call

  TT_Set_Instance_Resolutions(instance, 72, 72);

Since a point is 1/72 of an inch.  Then call

  TT_Set_Instance_CharSize(instance, pixelSize * 64);

where pixelSize is the height that you want.  Note that some of the bounding
boxes for certain glyphs can be taller than this height, so you will have to
do some extra calculations if you want the absolute height of any glyph to
be no taller your requested height.

-Ingar
address@hidden