Re: [ft-devel] SVG "Native" Re: [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] SVG "Native" Re: [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 13:09:16 +0200 (CEST)

>> On the other hand, I want to have a configure-time default so that
>> it is only necessary to explicitly set hooks for non-default SVG
>> libraries (or if the default SVG library is not found at configure
>> time).  This would allow applications to get SVG OpenType support
>> out of the box, without any additional code on the application
>> side.

> I guess the SDK would allow to switch between "default SVG
> libraries" or disable support for SVG font as a whole?

What do you mean with `SDK'?

Switching off the default SVG library would be an option for
FreeType's `configure' script, for example:

  --with-svg=[yes|no|auto]
                    support OpenType SVG outlines [default=auto]
  --with-other-svg=ARG
                    use alternative SVG library

(This is an ad-hoc example that probably has to be refined.)