Re: [ft-devel] SVG "Native" Re: [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] SVG "Native" Re: [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 23:07:30 +0500

Hi Werner,

I don't think so – at least, I hope that this won't happen.  Ideally,
the OpenType specifications gets updated to use the forthcoming W3C
standard as soon it is finished.

Given that we make SVG renderers "pluggable", even if this does happen, won't we be able to just resort to some better library that will have those features (which are not supported by SVG Native)? As far as I think, even if some fonts use features which are not directly a part of SVG Native, as long as the renderers are pluggable, we shouldn't be having much trouble. Is my understanding correct?

Of course all of this assumes that the callback APIs that I write are generic enough to suit most libraries, just as you mentioned in your last email.

Regards,
Moazin