Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 17:10:22 +0530

Hmm.  What about making DocPara strip leading and trailing spaces
*except* for the first leading space in a paragraph?

This seems reasonable. This will be implemented as follows:

* DocPara will have a new property 'indent' which will store the
  indentation of the first line of the paragraph.

* The previous paragraph's indent value will be stored as the 'margin'
  in the caller (DocField).

* 'margin' will be sent while creating DocPara for the next paragraph.

* DocPara will compare this value (previous para's indent) with the
  current indentation. If indent > margin + 2, it will add 4 spaces
  to the first line (see below for why I'm adding 4 spaces).

  We can enforce
the assumption that the indentation of a paragraph is determined by
the number of spaces starting the first line.  If we do that, the
markdown parser sees the correct indentation.  Am I missing something?

Have a look at https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#list
Continuing paragraphs in lists require at least 4-space indentation.

I found an example in 'ftdriver.h'. Changing the '1)' to '1.' and indenting the
2nd paragraph still won't work directly with markdown because there will
be only 3 spaces.

Therefore for convenience, I'm keeping the required indentation at 3
spaces, and adding 4 wherever there are 3 or more.

Also, the 3 space minimum indent is because URLs are indented with
2 spaces currently, and I don't want to touch them in the output.

Does this seem to be OK?

--
Nikhil