Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 08:03:15 +0200 (CEST)

>> * I'm not happy with
>>
>>     To continue a list over multiple paragraphs, start the paragraphs
>>     with a tilde (~) character.
>>
>>   I would rather prefer that a continuation is indented as before.
>
> The problem with this is, DocPara objects strip leading and trailing
> spaces in the string before storing the words in an array.  Doing
> this will involve analysis of the lines before indentation data is
> removed, and creating another object to store lists.  This is not
> good, because we're essentially doing work that the markdown parser
> is supposed to do.

Hmm.  What about making DocPara strip leading and trailing spaces
*except* for the first leading space in a paragraph?  We can enforce
the assumption that the indentation of a paragraph is determined by
the number of spaces starting the first line.  If we do that, the
markdown parser sees the correct indentation.  Am I missing something?

>> * Shall we mention that we prefer two spaces after a full stop
>>   ending a sentence?  Ditto for details on uppercasing in section
>>   titles (US style, for example `This and That'), how to cite a C
>>   function (without trailing parentheses), etc., etc.
>
> You know a lot more about these small details, and I think these
> should be added to make the file a nice guide to always refer to.  I
> have added you as a collaborator, please add the necessary
> information!

OK.