Re: [ft-devel] Auto Embolding of Lohit Devanagari

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Auto Embolding of Lohit Devanagari
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:16:03 -0500

ftstring is supposed to be an exemplar string renderer for other
libraries because it handles lsb_delta and rsb_delta. This is short of
kerning but at least it is better than ftview. Unfortunately,
auto-emboldened fonts are not a part of ftstring's functionality. So
other libraries could not copy the code from there, I guess.

Repeating myself, auto-emboldened glyphs should get auto-increased
advances according to the
strength of the emboldening and not based on the width. I an not sure
how to properly handle this.

--
Alexei A. Podtelezhnikov, PhD