Re: [ft-devel] Auto Embolding of Lohit Devanagari

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Auto Embolding of Lohit Devanagari
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:42:43 +0530

On 27 February 2012 07:58, Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM, suzuki toshiya
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I think there are 2 issues in auto-embolden Lohit Devanagari;
> a) disconnection of horizontal strokes (which should be connected with previous/next glyph)4.8

It looks like advance value is incorrectly adjusted or calculated.
I was able to reproduce this on Fedora 16 x86_64, 64-bit build of
freetype-2.4.8.

> b) unflat horizontal stroke at the left side.

If you look closer the unflatness results from incorrect outline tags
at the outline point.
I was NOT able to reproduce this on x86-64 with very lightly patched
freetype-2.4.8.

Pravin, can you check Fedora x86_64 spin?

Yes, now horizontal lines are flat.  http://pravins.fedorapeople.org/Screenshot-lohit-bold.png
text is "सिधिर्भवति कर्मजा "
freetype-2.4.8-2.fc17.x86_64

Still the major problem is broken upper horizontal BAR, in local language we call it Shirorekha. It should be continuous as it is in Lohit normal.

Best Regards,
Pravin Satpute