Re: [ft-devel] more Unicode character blocks for CJK autofitting

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] more Unicode character blocks for CJK autofitting
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 07:37:24 +0200 (CEST)

> I've just updated the ranges for the CJK autofitter as below.  In
> particular, I've added Hangul Korean syllables which have been
> missing (I no longer can remember whether this was intentional).
> Please comment.

Note that by default characters are mapped to use the CJK autofitter.
In other words, if a character is not in one of the latin or indic
ranges, it gets treated as being a CJK character.  As a consequence,
range additions to the CJK autofitter are no-ops.

Currently, the essential difference between the CJK and the latin
autofitter is that the the former doesn't handle blue zones.

    Werner

PS: Patches to the autohinter are not forgotten but delayed since
    Toshiya-san wants to review them, and he is very busy at the
    moment.