Re: [ft-devel] conversion from cvs repository to git

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] conversion from cvs repository to git
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:16:14 +0900

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 13:05:14 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The result of my excersize is available from:
>>
>> http://gyvern.ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~mpsuzuki/dot-git_freetype-savannah.tar.bz2
>>
>> (about 30M)
>
>Very nice!  However, I prefer to have only two git repositories,
>namely for `freetype2' and `ft2demos'.  The other projects are no
>longer maintained, and I think it's not necessary to convert them to
>git.  Can you change this accordingly?

OK, I will make new 2 per-project tarballs for freetype2 and ft2demos.
Please wait 1 hour. BTW, if we switch from cvs to git, I want to hear
Turner's comment which tool he prefer for the maintainance of ftjam,
cvs or git.

>After this has been done it would be helpful to clean up the most
>recent commit messages so that the first line (what you see in `gitk',
>for example) becomes more comprehensible.  Normally, it's not possible
>to change commit messages in git, but since this git repository hasn't
>been made public yet, the following method works.  [Note that below I
>use SHA ID numbers from the current git which will probably change if
>we have smaller, separate git repositories.]

I'm still new about git, but I will try.

Regards,
mpsuzuki