Re: [ft-devel] conversion from cvs repository to git

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] conversion from cvs repository to git
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 03:31:10 +0900

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:12:11 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Incidently, would it be easier to fix up the commit messages in the
>> (rsync of the) rcs files before running cvs2svn, than in the
>> converted git repo?
>
>I don't know.  The solution which I've suggested does work (I've tried
>it by myself).

Unfortunately, I don't have a sparetime to try James' proposal,
but it's interesting to fix the empty log message issue by the
modifications on cvs repository, if it's possible - because it
can be easier to automate. Anyway, I need some self-learning to
execute the solution Werner wrote. So starting the work (or
writing a documentation for the volunteers) would be in 2009/Jan.

Regards,
mpsuzuki