RE: [ft-devel] Status of 2.2

From: Matthias Clasen
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Status of 2.2
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:06:05 -0400

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 10:44 +0200, Turner, David wrote:
> There is something I'd like to ask to anyone having access to the
> *complete* sources of a distribution, because it will help us prioritize
> the patches. I'm thinking about Owen Tayloy, Frédéric Crozat and
> possibly others:
>
>   - would it be possible to perform a massive grep over all sources
>     of all packages you maintain to check for 'illegal' uses of the
>     FT2 internals ?
>
>     the way to do that is simply to perform a fgrep for the
>     following:
>
>        FT_INTERNAL_
>        FT_CACHE_INTERNAL_
>
>     I'd really like to have a report telling me which package still
>     use theses. Unfortunately, I don't have the time and disk space
>     to download all sources repositories of various distros.
>
> this would be hugely useful for me. Especially if you also include
> previous releases of your distribution, not only the bleeding edge
> one.

I have done this for the current Fedora Core and Extras source trees
now.

In Core, I found

 fontconfig
 kdegraphics (for xpdf splash in kpdf)
 libXfont
 poppler (for xpdf splash)
 qt
 xorg-x11 (Xprint, fonttosfnt)
 xpdf
(vnc has a copy of the X tree, but I think thats only because
 it needs to be built inside it)

In Extras, I found

 SDL_ttf
 nx (has copy of the X tree)

I may have missed something (I saw some code still including
freetype/internal/...)

Matthias