RE: [ft-devel] Status of 2.2

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Status of 2.2
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:39:05 +0200

Hello,

I might add that there are also performance considerations.
For example, on my machine, opening a TrueType font like
Arial jumps from 277 to 70 micro-seconds when the memory
optimizations are enabled.

That's not necessarily such a small gain when you consider
what things like FontConfig, LibXft and Cairo do with
FreeType.

Regards,

- David Turner