[ft-devel] Revisiting LSB

From: Banginwar, Rajesh
Subject: [ft-devel] Revisiting LSB
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:21:57 -0700

Hello,
        As part of LSB desktop project
(http://www.linuxbase.org/LSBWiki/DesktopWG) we are currently going
through standardization of GTK library set. As Pango libraries
(specifically pangoft2) are heavily dependent on freetype2 and uses the
structures directly, we are now in the process of evaluating freetype2
for LSB desktop inclusion.

I see that there is some discussion going on around for 2.2 release with
soname change. Since it is far off, it may be a good idea to include the
current version of freetype with .so.6 soname in LSB. The initial
investigation we did is available at
http://www.linuxbase.org/LSBWiki/Freetype

Here are few questions:
1. What modules should we include in LSB to begin with?
2. What test suites are available?
3. Is there a roadmap or project plan for 2.2 release? LSB should not
include things that will be eventually removed from FT.

Thanks,

-Rajesh