Re: [Devel] initial release of FTLayout/GXLayout

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] initial release of FTLayout/GXLayout
Date: 24 Feb 2004 10:33:02 -0800

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:49, Masatake YAMATO wrote:
> About GXLayout
> ==============
> GXLayout provides interface for mort, morx, lcar, format 0, 2 3 kern,
> feat TrueTypeGX/AAT tables.
I notice you have left out format 1 kerning tables. I know I found
Apple's docs incomplete when working with them and had to get
clarification from someone at Apple, I can pass that on if it would be
of any help. I've also got a sample font with a format 1 table lying
around if you want to test.

On the other hand no one ever uses them so there may be no point in
implementing them.

> It seems that Pfaedit can generate TrueTypeGX/AAT font. However, we
> have not tested GXLayout against fonts generated by Pfaedit yet.
It supports almost all of 'morx' and all of 'kern' & 'lcar'. PfaEdit's
fonts seem to work with worldtext.

Glad to see someone else working with Apple fonts. Well done!