[Devel] "interface" still exists in FreeType header

From: Graham Asher
Subject: [Devel] "interface" still exists in FreeType header
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:04:31 +0100

Two years ago Marco Schmidt pointed this out (His message and response from
David Turner are quoted below). Unfortunately 'interface' still occurs in
sfnt.h:

  typedef FT_Module_Interface
  (*SFNT_Get_Interface_Func)( FT_Module    module,
                              const char*  interface );

This can easily be fixed in the way that Marco suggests.

Graham Asher

<<<<<<
Hi,

> Hello FreeType2-Developers!
>
> I am using the freetype2-beta direct out of the anonymous-cvs. Compile and
> build of the freetype2 library works fine. But including the
library-headers
> in
> an MSVC++-project shows errors because of the usage of the keyword
> "interface"
> in some of the freetype2-prototypes and structures. To disable the
extended
> features of the MSVC solves the compile problems. My project needs C++ and
> the extended MSVC++-syntax.
>
> Is there a way to clean up the sources (eq. change "interface" to "intf")
or
> are there other
> reasons that prevent such a change?

I though I cleaned up the public header files some weeks ago ?
I'll check them out. There is no reason this shouldn't be done
(note however that I don't want to mess with the internals.. ;-)

- David