Re: [Devel] font format corner cases

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Devel] font format corner cases
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 22:42:25 -0400

At 3:53 PM -0400 5/15/02, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:
Two things I'd like to hack on are adding support for gzip(1)ed pcf
and bdf files to ftview and friends, and supporting MacBinary, Apple-
Single and AppleDouble mac font files on non-mac systems.  How exactly
shoud such support be added?

The MacBinary, AppleSingle and AppleDouble specs can be found on my website (see signature) as I am the maintainer of most of these formats...

As to how to support them - the big issues is that the code in ftmac.c assumes that you actually have the Mac OS present as it makes native API calls, so that even if you had the data, it wouldn't help since we need to the OS to do things for us (like parse the resource fork format!).

Leonard
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>
                                             <http://www.lazerware.com>