Re: Fix! Well, almost. (was: Re: Bugs, bugs, bugs.)

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: Fix! Well, almost. (was: Re: Bugs, bugs, bugs.)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:33:03 -0400 (EDT)

> Eh, seac isn't part of the T2 spec. I suppose you mean CFF with
> T1 CharStrings?

Eh, I meant what I wrote. ;)  Acrobat Distiller used to write out
CFF fonts that used at most 5 arguments to endchar to make a composite
glyph.  The arguments are exactly those of seac, excepting the
sidebearing (because Type 2 doesn't supply the sidebearing point),
and the advanced width (as a difference against NominalWidth)

It is in the Type 2 spec. as being deprecated.  It is not yet implemented
in ft2.  MM support in CFF fonts is another issue; MM CFF fonts never
got released.  kludged endchar fonts did, so ft2 should support them.

> >So, I imagein the problems with CFF obliques fonts has to do with the
> >font matrix.
>
> Ok. Maybe I'll have a look tomorrow. Ah, right, if the FontMatrix is
> [0.001, 0, 0, 0.001, 0, 0] it is not supplied in the file, as it's the
> default value. So the only difference between the two fonts that could have
> an impact is the FontMatrix being present in the Oblique font and not in
> the regular. Hm.

Yeah, sounds about right...

Tom