Re: Fix! Well, almost. (was: Re: Bugs, bugs, bugs.)

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: Fix! Well, almost. (was: Re: Bugs, bugs, bugs.)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:56:01 -0400 (EDT)

No, there is no such thing as synthetic fonts in CFF.  Just an
obliquing font matrix.

As far as I know, the only remaining issue with the CFF driver is the
use of endchar as a kludge for seac (see the latest, greatest Type 1
spec. for what I am talking about).

So, I imagein the problems with CFF obliques fonts has to do with the
font matrix.

I'll check into when I have more time.  Work (the four letter kind)
beckons right now.

Tom