Re: GPOS support available!

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GPOS support available!
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:39:13 GMT

> All right, I have read the OTL code extensively, as well as the
> latest version of the specification.  I would like to thank you,
> because you obviously contributed a significant amount of work!

Indeed, writing the code for loading the OT tables was done quickly,
but investigating how to implement a GPOS interface took a long time.

> I'm very interested in porting this code to FreeType 2 now (I'll
> probably be the "volunteer" you're talking about in the code
> comments ;-), but I'd like to add my $0.02 here.

Glad to hear this.

> I could imagine an API where you would have something like:
>
> [API description skipped]
>
> So, what's your opinion on the subject?

I must admit that I'm not the right person to design interfaces, and
not being really satisfied with the one I've done by myself I'm happy
that you can provide something better -- BTW, your API suggestion
sounds excellent.