newfield_revision Patch: FieldOffset Code

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: newfield_revision Patch: FieldOffset Code
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:58:53 -0700

The following code implements the FieldOffset portion of the NewField
abstraction revisions proposed by Jeffrey D. Oldham and Stephen Smith.
A FieldOffset is a pair containing a cell offset and a number
indicating a centering value within the cell.  Combining with a field
and a Loc indicating a specific field cell, this yields a field value.

This patch is applied to the newfield_revision development branch,
which was created so Stephen and I can share code during our
experimentation and development work.  There is no guarantee the code
on this branch will compile, much less work.  I post this message to
let you (and my boss) know that we are working toward a new and
improved Pooma.

2001-07-24  Jeffrey D. Oldham  <address@hidden>

        * Field.h: Added inclusion of FieldOffset.h
        Added notation that support for FieldOffset<Dim,[01]> with no Loc
        is needed.
        View2<Field, FieldOffset<Dim, [01]>, Loc>: New specialization.
        Fix grammatical error in comment.
        * FieldOffset.h: New file defining FieldOffest<Dim,[01]>.
        * tests/FieldOffset.cpp: New file testing FieldOffset.
        * tests/FieldTour3.cpp: Add explanatory comments.
        * tests/makefile: Add support for FieldTour3 and FieldOffset.

Applied to      newfield_revision branch
Tested on       sequential Linux using gcc 3.0 by building library and NewField
tests
Approved by     Stephen Smith

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham