Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: DomainIterator.h: Add DomainTraits Specializ ation

From: Scott Haney
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: DomainIterator.h: Add DomainTraits Specializ ation
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:31:28 -0600

Hi everyone,

Let's come to a quick and simple, but not necessarily perfect, resolution to this.

I would like a quick resolution because it is clear to me that Domains need to be rewritten. The physical design needs work and the code can be dramatically simplified, thereby making these low-level objects less heavyweight and easier for both compilers and people to deal with.

Allan, I would like to suggest that you take a whack at this when you are able.

As a general rule, I would like to suggest that if people have objections to patches, they work with the person proposing the patch to find an acceptable solution OFFLINE, if a thread involves more than 1 or 2 volleys of messages. Email sometimes isn't conducive to folks understanding the context of objections and this breeds frustration. After a resolution is obtained, someone should summarize the issues to the list.

Finally, what would people thing if we started using the issue tracking system to handle requested reviews of patches? I find that I lose track of patches I should be looking at.

Scott