Re: [fluid-dev] Volume background and foreground

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Volume background and foreground
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:37:09 +0100

On 01/31/2012 07:51 AM, James Ong wrote:
An idea struck me, I like to understand what does "router" in FluidSynth do?
I will appreciate to learn more on this area.

Yeah, that's my thought as well, wouldn't the midi router in FluidSynth be able to handle this case? IIRC if you run the FluidSynth executable it will only affect the incoming messages from the midi driver(s), not the internal MIDI player. (And if you use the library directly you set these things up the way you want.)

Something like:

router_begin
router_chan 0 0 15 0  <- reroute channel 0 to channel 15
router_end

It was a while since I used it, so I might have forgotten the exact syntax.