Re: [fluid-dev] Volume background and foreground

From: Aere Greenway
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Volume background and foreground
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:04:54 -0700

James:

I actually have (and have used for composing) an LPK25 keyboard, though
I don't particularly like it because of its stiff action.  It is
velocity-sensitive, which is a good thing.

The LPK25, though it doesn't have a way of directly changing the MIDI
channel, has up to four sets of preset settings.  One of the parameters
of the preset settings, is the MIDI channel.  You could have a different
MIDI channel for each set of preset settings.

I think you can switch fairly quickly to an alternate set of preset
parameters, using the keyboard itself.

The name of the MIDI channel parameter (in the settings) is "Preset Midi
Channel".

- Aere