Re: fluidsynth on Windows Was: Re: [fluid-dev] Rerouting output

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: fluidsynth on Windows Was: Re: [fluid-dev] Rerouting output
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:08:55 +0100

On Tuesday 08 March 2011, mike wrote:
> > The list of available port names are listed in the sound settings of the
> > windows control panel.
>
> Okay does this also apply when you are using a MIDI to USB module (MIDI
> attached to controller/USB attached to PC)?

Yes, when the corresponding USB/MIDI driver for Windows is installed in the
system. The MIDI control panel applet is not available anymore in
Vista/Windows7, but it was a handy feature in Windows XP and older versions.

If you are not comfortable with these concepts, my suggestion is to avoid
compiling FluidSynth from source.

Regards,
Pedro