Re: [fluid-dev] MacOSX status

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] MacOSX status
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 07:10:02 +0100

On Friday 05 November 2010, Ebrahim Mayat wrote:
> Are you and Rui also planning a new release of qsynth any time soon ?

I don't know Rui's plans, but qsynth has very few changes since the last
release in April.

> Can fluidsynth  also built as an AU for use in MIDI and audio
> sequencers ?

No, not yet. That requires more work, and I wonder if it is really needed.
FluidSynth can be used in Mac OSX MIDI and audio sequencers right now.

A FluidSynth AU would be similar for Mac to a VSTi plugin for Windows. Both
may be future enhancements, but I'm not planning right now that development.

> I suppose you could CC Victor Lazzarini
> directly so that he could test his external audio hardware with
> fluidsynth and provide the list with some feedback.

I've done that: no answer yet.

> I could do some testing and discuss changes as I go along. Would that
> be okay with you ?

Of course, thanks.

Regards,
Pedro