[fluid-dev] Fluidsynth ALSA sequencer port naming

From: Julien Claassen
Subject: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth ALSA sequencer port naming
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:42:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everyone!
I just stumbled across something "ugly". Fluidsynth appends its PID to the ALSA sequencer client name, which can be nasty, when trying to do a "connect by name". Would it be possible to consider theaeolus approach? First aeolus is named "aeolus" and then "-01" is appended to the next aeolus and I'd guess -02 to the third. The same would be nice for the JACK client name. For this there are several examples: linuxsampler (creating linuxsampler and linuxsampler1), ecasound is much more flexible, but then its purpose is different and there's the need for flexibility. Oh, I just saw: aeolus does the same for JACK-port naming. My aeolus is version 0.8.1 and I'm sure that LinuxSampler has done this for ages.
  Kindest regards
         Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net