Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth ALSA sequencer port naming

From: Julien Claassen
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth ALSA sequencer port naming
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:17:26 +0200 (CEST)

OK. This complete post is not too interesting. I've seen that there is of course midi.alsa_seq.id which you can set to any name, which solves the problem "connecting by name" easily. But still my suggestion stays on: Why not choosing a more consisent client-name like always appending a count-number (fluid-01, fluid-02, ...), which reflects a more helpfl default behaviour.
  Kindest regards
         Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net